Our guide to companies and services in the area. For all your local specialists in the Peak District and surrounding areas, look no further!
Select one or all of the options below
01629 733364 / 07901 772246
Planting - Pruning - Felling - -Hedge Trimming - Site Clearance - - Stump Removal - - Logs and Wood Chippings for sale
Tree Surgery, Garden Renovation & Planting Advice in Tansley
Thompson Tree Services
01629 824079 / 07890 775365
All Aspects of Tree and Hedgework based in Wirksworth
Supply and laying service based in the Hope Valley
R. Griffin Fencing
01629 312182 / 07967 006648
Fencing and hedge removal, Domestic & Industrial Fencing
A6 Tree Care
01629 735728 / 07980 041117
Professional Arborists Domestic & Commercial
Bakewell Tree Care - A. Crich
Gardening, Tree surgery, Mowing, Hedge cutting, removal and planting. Garden clearance. Pesticide applications.
Landscaping and Fencing, patios, paving, steps and walling, tree surgery and hedges. Timber, decking, lawns and garden clearance.
Garden Renovation and Lawn Mowing
• Saving fuel and car parking charges. Reducing pollution, less traffic thus improving the environment.
• You may get a better deal - For instance local bakers, greengrocers, butchers could reward regular custom.
• Good advice; butchers could advise on how to cook certain cuts of meat and what size joint you might need for a family get together.
• Shopping at your local butchers cuts down on food miles and stress on the animals, therefore better quality meat. Plus traceability from farm to fork which is very important. Also support for local farmers.
• Shopping at local bakers, greengrocers and farm shops - the food is likely to contain more nutrients and have less packaging.
• Thriving independent businesses on the high street boost the prices of nearby homes.
• Helps to build the local community. Craft shops, cafés, bookshops host events from knitting clubs, children’s events, reading groups etc.
• Local independent shops often stock items which are made locally and not available elsewhere so the chance of getting a one-off gift is a major plus.
• Local Artisan markets help promote the talents of the next generation of designers and retailers with a constant turnover of new products, and sellers listen to customers’ demands.
• Shopping local creates local jobs.
• Helps to build a good relationship with your shopkeeper which is more personal.
• Local businesses are more likely to use your own business if you use theirs.
• Try before you buy, for example independent off licences may have wine tasting events, bakeries, delicatessens, and farm shops have samples of food to try.
• Many local businesses support local charities therefore shopping local you are helping to increase donations.