Our guide to companies and services in the area. For all your local specialists in the Peak District and surrounding areas, look no further!
Select one or all of the options below
Carpet sales and fitting. Over 50 years experience in the carpet industry.
Finesse Home Improvements
Your local experts for PVCU windows, doors and conservatories
G. Scott Windows
All aspects of plastic and wooden windows and doors undertaken. Replacement double glazing and repairs also available
Windows and conservatories
P Morris Builder & Roofer
01433 631213 / 07834 838563
Builder / Roofing services - Specialist in stone slate roofing building and restoration
A. Williams Plumbing and Heating Services
01298 872278 / 07831 242826
Plumbing and heating service
ADR Plumbing & Heating Engineers
01629 593577 / 07841 200956
Plumbing and Heating Services. Specialists in servicing and maintenance of domestic gas and oil boilers
01433 631627 / 07788 678966
Plumbing and Heating Services
Wyegarth Electrical Services
01629 814085 / 07971 786258
All Electrical installation work - rewires, extra lights, sockets.
• Saving fuel and car parking charges. Reducing pollution, less traffic thus improving the environment.
• You may get a better deal - For instance local bakers, greengrocers, butchers could reward regular custom.
• Good advice; butchers could advise on how to cook certain cuts of meat and what size joint you might need for a family get together.
• Shopping at your local butchers cuts down on food miles and stress on the animals, therefore better quality meat. Plus traceability from farm to fork which is very important. Also support for local farmers.
• Shopping at local bakers, greengrocers and farm shops - the food is likely to contain more nutrients and have less packaging.
• Thriving independent businesses on the high street boost the prices of nearby homes.
• Helps to build the local community. Craft shops, cafés, bookshops host events from knitting clubs, children’s events, reading groups etc.
• Local independent shops often stock items which are made locally and not available elsewhere so the chance of getting a one-off gift is a major plus.
• Local Artisan markets help promote the talents of the next generation of designers and retailers with a constant turnover of new products, and sellers listen to customers’ demands.
• Shopping local creates local jobs.
• Helps to build a good relationship with your shopkeeper which is more personal.
• Local businesses are more likely to use your own business if you use theirs.
• Try before you buy, for example independent off licences may have wine tasting events, bakeries, delicatessens, and farm shops have samples of food to try.
• Many local businesses support local charities therefore shopping local you are helping to increase donations.